Tuscan Soup with White Beans
- 1 bulb fennel
- 2 bunches Tuscan kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cans cannellini beans, 15 ounces each
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, 28 ounces each
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp Memphis
- Pecorino cheese, for garnishing
- Chop fennel bulb and kale. Drain and rinse cannellini beans.
- Take a large pot, heat olive oil and saute fennel for 5 minutes. Add canned tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes. Add in vegetable broth, water and cannellini beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce simmer and add in red pepper flakes, Memphis blend, and dried basil. Add kale and simmer for 10 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Garnish with pecorino cheese and serve!