Puerto Rican Beef stew
- 3lb cubed stew beef
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 chopped large onion
- 1 eggplant, cut into chunks
- ¼ seeded head pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp San Juan blend
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Baby bok choy (medium bunch, separated into leaves)
- Steamed rice, to serve
- In a large pan, heat oil and cook the chopped garlic and onion for 30 seconds. Then stir beef. After a few minutes, add eggplant and pumpkin. Now pour in beef broth. Add San Juan blend and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter and cook for 5 minutes. Add bok choy and remove the pan from heat.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!