- 5 lb whole chicken, sliced into 8 pieces
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 oz San Juan Blend
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup lime juice
- Grab a bowl, add San Juan blend, orange, lemon juice and whisk to combine.
- Now, reserve ¼ cup of marinade and add the remaining to the 1-gallon Ziploc freezer bag. Add chicken pieces, seal and then massage the bag.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Now, preheat the grill to 400 degrees F. Meanwhile, remove the chicken from the marinade.
- For grilling chicken, the indirect heating method should be used. Place lit charcoal across half of the grill and only turn ON half of the burners.
- Now, grill chicken for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, baste the pieces using the reserved marinade.