Peruvian Chicken and Rice
- 4 chicken drumsticks and thighs, skinless
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup beer
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Lima blend
- 2 cups rice (long-grain)
- ¼ cup sweet peas
- ¼ cup diced carrots
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup white corn
- In a large pan over medium heat, sautee chicken until it’s golden brown. Transfer the browned chicken to a separate plate and set it aside.
- Now, fry the onion and bell pepper for 5 minutes. Then add Lima, beer and chicken broth to a pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Add browned chicken. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sweet peas, pepper, corn, and carrot. Bring the mixture back to a boil and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- When rice is ready, divide it into four serving platters, top with drumstick and enjoy!