Kan Kan (Roasted and Fried Pork Chop)
- Four (2 lb.) pork chops (including loin, rib and attached skin)
- 3tbs salt
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup sofrito
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon San Juan Blend
- Oil (for frying)
- Grab a deep pot, add 2 gallons of water, salt, and garlic and place the pork chops in it for 1 hour.
- Take a large sheet pan, remove pork chops from the brine and place them over the sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grab a bowl, mix sofrito, San Juan blend, and olive oil. Coat the pork chops with mixture and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Roast for 20 minutes in oven.
- Now, heat the oil in the deep fryer and fry the chops for 3 minutes per side or until the skin becomes crispy.