Ochi Beef Stew w/ Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 lb. boneless beef stew meat, cut into chunks
- 1 chopped white onion
- 4 peeled carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 minced garlic cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, chopped
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Season beef and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place beef in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat and cook each side for 6 minutes. Add carrots and onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and rum and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Simmer for 2 minutes and add Ochi, and other remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil again, cover the Dutch oven and then transfer to the oven and cook for 1 ½ hours. When it’s done cooking, garnish with green onion and serve with rice!