Vegan Black Bean Burger
For black bean burger:
- 1 small sweet potato
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 2 green onions
- 1 can black beans, 15 ounce
- ½ cup sunflower seeds shelled
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp Memphis blend
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp mirin
For shiitake mushrooms:
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 splash each olive oil, mirin and soy sauce
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Avocado mayo
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prick sweet potato with a fork. Microwave for 10 minutes until cooked. Slice it and let it cool.
- Chop the oats, thinly slice the green onions and rinse beans as well.
- Take a bowl and combine salt, mirin, sunflower seeds, oats, onions, beans, Memphis blend and soy sauce. Add half a cup of sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Form 4 patties of the mixture and bake for 20 minutes each on both sides. Remove the stems of shiitake mushrooms and slice the caps. Take a skillet and add splash of olive oil, mirin and soy sauce and add the mushrooms. Saute for 1 minute.
- For serving, toast Buns and place burgers on them. Top with avocado mayo, mushrooms and alfalfa sprouts. Enjoy!