Peruvian Chicken Soup
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Lima blend
- 4 chicken thighs or
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 100 g quinoa
- 1 diced sweet potato
- In a large pan, pour in chicken stock and bring it to a boil over high heat. Add chicken and simmer for 10 minutes (20 minutes if using thighs).
- Transfer the chicken to a separate plate and set it aside. Strain the chicken broth and set it aside as well.
- Add olive oil, Lima, and onion and cook for 4 minutes. Add quinoa and cook until starts to smell nutty.
- Pour the chicken stock back into the pan and bring the soup to boil.
- Turn the heat low and simmer for 15 minutes. Add sweet potato and cook more for 5 minutes. Add slices of chicken and cook for a few minutes. Divide the soup into serving bowls and serve!