Peruvian Chicken Pasta
- 4 cups packed basil leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp Lima blend
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- Grab a blender, add basil leaves and 1 cup chicken stock and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place chicken in a mixing bowl, rub chicken with 1 tbsp Lima blend and set aside.
- Now, heat oil in a large pot. Place the chicken and fry until all sides turn brown then set aside.
- Now, fry onions until softened. Then stir in remaining Lima and cook for a minute.
- Add diced carrots and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil puree then simmer for few minutes. Now, add pasta in the sauce and stir gently to coat the sauce.
- Also, add chicken pieces in the pot. Cook the pasta on low flame until your pasta is cooked and sauce reached desired consistency.
- Divide pasta in the serving bowl, garnish and enjoy!