- 2.5 lb. oxtails (rinsed with water and vinegar)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp browning
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Ochi blend
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 4 chopped green onions
- 1 chopped garlic
- 2 whole chopped carrots
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 16 oz can Butter Beans, drained
- Grab a mixing bowl, rub Ochi blend over oxtails.
- In a large pot over medium high heat, add oil and oxtail pieces. After browning each side transfer them to a separate plate (may need to be done in batches).
- Deglaze pan by adding 2 tsp of broth. Then add yellow onions, carrots, garlic, green onions. Stir and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in water and ketchup, then cover the pot and cook over medium heat for 1.5-2 hours or until oxtails are tender. Check the pan every 30 minutes and add water to maintain a consistent level of liquid.
- Make cornstarch slurry and stir it into stew until the whole thing thickens. Serve right away!