Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups yellow onions, chopped
- 2 lb. butternut squash
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Stockbridge blend
- 1 tart/sweet apple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter and cook onions for 5 minutes.
- Then add sweet potatoes, butternut squash, chicken broth and Stockbridge blend.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and add apple and honey.
- Puree the soup by using a hand-held blender until very smooth.
- Stir in cinnamon and heavy cream. Simmer over low heat for a few minutes and then serve!